Thursday, June 19, 2014

I am done with "Romance Reality" shows!

Out of pure curiosity, I have been watching "I Wanna Marry 'Harry'" and "The Bachelorette". Though "I Wanna Marry 'Harry'" ended well, I have found that I think these types of shows are the most rediculous. I have never liked shows like "The Bachelor" or "The Bachelorette" and never understood why girls were so into them.

Now that I have actually watched a couple, I can see the appeal they can have. Fancy dates, romantic excursions, and enough drama to keep it interesting and to keep you guessing. However, the extent of the drama - especially when it's multiple girls vying for a guy - is absolutely insane! All these girls fighting and then acting like everything is okay in front of the guy, along with acting like they never said anything behind others backs or started fights because they wouldn't even dream of doing that. Thus lying to the guys face saying they didn't do those things when they CLEARLY did, claiming that they've been completely genuine...

I could rant for a while. It's classic high school drama played out by ladies in their 20's. It's sad really. It's sad because drama queens are out there and there are a lot of them. I don't understand the whole self-centered, entitled personality. I am not suggesting that girls are the only ones with this type of personality. Several men have it as well. It's a "Gaston" type of view. "I'm the best looking, so I should get the girl. I'm the obvious choice!" Disgusting.

I honestly feel bad for the people on those shows that aren't "drama queens" or "Gaston's". Usually, those are the girls or guys that get beaten on the most. If I was a single girl on one of those shows, I wouldn't want to act as if all the others were my friends. That makes no sense to me. So, I would be the one that would feel attacked all the time because the others wouldn't understand my lack of wanting to be friends with my competitors. (Honestly, who wants to be friends with someone who is vying for the attention of the same man as you?)

Clearly, I am not fond of these shows. Once "The Bachelorette" is over, I am so done. No more drama-filled, crazy, multi-date shows for me! I'll stick to the fiction syfy fun shows like "Castle", "Beauty and the Beast", "Grimm", and "Sherlock". ;)

For those of you who do like the dating shows, that is great! They just aren't for me. :)

Keep on keeping on!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are thinking carefully about the way you spend your time and the things you allow in your brain!

    ReplyDelete