Monday, August 15, 2011

Driving a car VS. driving a boat. Not much of a difference!

Driving a boat is like simply driving a car. Instead of roads, pot holes or speed bumps, construction zones, 18 wheelers, air conditioning, seat belts, and pedestrians, you have the water, waves, no wake zones, tug boats (or larger), the wind, life jackets, and stupid geese that simply dive under the water when you head for them instead of flying off. There is still a sheriff, you still have to have all the safety equipment, and it still takes gas and a licence and money to do.

I know all this because I've been out on a boat and around the thing to hear and see all of these things. After being out on the boat as many times as I have, I've learned a great deal about boats and am still learning. It's crazy and it's fun, though it can be stressful. But I guess part of that has to do with the family dynamic. I like being out on the water, when things aren't stressful, and just sitting and listening... out in the middle of nowhere with no cell service and just relaxing. It clears your mind and lets you think clearly. The only downside is that you have to come back... and there isn't really a bathroom or anything like that. Perhaps one day I'll get out on a boat and just chill, but for now I'll take going out with my family and friends and having a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment